The MITACS program enables UNIL Master students to complete a research stay of 3 to 6 months at the University of Montreal (UofM). All fields of research are eligible. A stay in an institution affiliated to the University of Montreal (e.g. HEC Montreal, Polytechnic School of Montreal) is not possible.
For such a research stay, a scholarship of 6000 Canadian dollars is available, regardless of the length of the stay. Half of this sum comes from MITACS, a Canadian not-for-profit organization, which has signed an agreement with the University of Montreal, and the other half from UNIL. In total, 5 scholarships are awarded to UNIL Master students.
- Call for applications: the call will be launched soon
- Deadline for submitting the application forms: 1 March 2023
An application can be sent to us at any time before the indicated deadline. However, there are two important points to keep in mind:
- it takes approximately 16 weeks from the time the complete file is submitted and the start of the stay at the UofM
- after official acceptance of an application by MITACS, you have one year to start your research stay at UofM.
Please take note of the important information below before completing the application form. The forms in the "application package" must be sent electronically, completed and signed, to Mr. Matthias Buess. You should not send your application form directly to Anaïs Détolle (as mentioned in the program guide).
- Please read carefully the preliminary information in the program guide (form 0 of the application form)
- In the forms to be filled out, you must describe your project during your research stay at the University of Montreal. Do not describe your research project in general. It must be consistent with the calendar
- The "Research award adjudication guide" edited by MITACS can be consulted here. Note that this guide refers to "interns", but that UNIL will not consider a student who is selected as an intern
- The stay must be entirely devoted to research – this must be reflected in the forms
- This is a full-time research stay. Therefore, do not mention courses and seminars that will be taken during the stay at UofM
- The different forms can be completed either in French or in English (see the respective version of this website)
- It is not necessary to have signed the letter of commitment for co-funding that is mentioned in the program guide (form 101)
- A student being already in Canada cannot apply for a MITACS scholarship unless he or she returns to his or her country and then departs again for the research stay at the University of Montreal.